Townhouse - Galle, Sri Lanka
RE-OPENING OF THE SILKROAD SHOWROOM
To welcome you back in the safest possible way, we have put into place the following measures:
For walk-in visitors, our showroom will be open from 11 am until 3 pm, before and after these times, we are offering a private appointment service for those who feel they are vulnerable and for those wishing to receive dedicated one-on-one advice. This also allows our team to efficiently manage off-site projects. For the time being, we will be closed on Saturdays.
To ensure your safety, we will:
- Disinfect our card terminals after each use and wipe down our reception desk after each client as well.
- Our front door will be disinfected after use and will be kept open when possible.
- Should you wish to use our washroom, a member of staff will disinfect the area after use and hand sanitisers will be placed by the sink.
- Adhere to social distancing at all times.
For those wishing to pop in and browse our flooring collections or visit our interiors:
- We will be offering you the option to use disposable single use gloves and facemasks which will be available at the entrance of our showroom. As a small showroom, we would kindly request that face masks are worn, however, gloves are optional – instead of gloves, hand sanitisers are readily available by the front door and at the reception desk. On leaving, please remove both and dispose of at home (especially the gloves, to avoid cross-contamination after leaving the showroom).
- We will manage entry into our showroom on a case by case basis – allowing no more than 2 people in at any one time. For example, if those two people both wish to look at our flooring samples we may have to restrict this to one person at a time, as our floor space is limited. However, if one person wanted to visit the interior design side then the showroom can safely accommodate two people.
- Where possible we would ask you to visit us alone and take samples home if necessary (we will waive the deposit charge if you do wish to borrow samples).
- Please use contactless payments for in-store purchases, and payment by BACS for larger purchases (on receipt of an invoice). Currently cheques will not be accepted.
For those clients with fitting dates booked:
- We will call you a few days before to be updated on your health and to confirm that your household is symptom free and discuss access requirements.
- On the day we are due to fit your flooring our team will request that windows are opened in the areas where we are fitting and respectfully ask that no refreshments are offered.
- Our fitters may not wear gloves all the time due to the nature of their work, however, they have been equipped with hand sanitiser which they will use regularly.
- We would request that they are left entirely alone and, where possible, clients should vacate the property, or move to another area. They will maintain a social distance of 2m from any member of your household should they come into contact with anyone.
These measures will become our ‘new normal’ for the foreseeable future to ensure we are all kept safe whilst still being able to offer the same high-quality service both in the showroom and in your home.
We can’t wait to welcome you back to The Silkroad Interiors and Flooring!